Making a space beautiful is super easy and fun there are a few rules however I always follow to ensure the space has a nice flow and is not too overpowering.
1.neutrals -browns are no longer neutrals, greys are. Buying grey furniture is a great base to any home decorating. It is not a statement piece and wont ever go out of style and gives you room to play with fun colourful accessories.
2. not matchy matchy- not everything has to be one colour or texture. If you are to go the one colour the space will look flat.
3. texture- this helps to add depth and warmth to the space, and you can add a few different textures through the use of textiles.
4. patterns and colours-mixing patterns and colours are a fun way to make a space unique. My rule of thumb is no more than three different colours in a space and no more than two or three different patterns. This is because you do want your eye jumping around when you look at a space.
5. less is more- do not over accessories, the space will look cluttered and small.
6. metals- mixing metals through accessories is another fun way to add something more to your space. No longer do you have to pick one type of metal. You can mix them!